How we see the present situation is an individual choice. Looking at the statistics, the numbet of cases recovered is much much higher then the fatalities.
– One of the rearest occassions when all the country heads agree that it has no bounderies, boarders , race, creed or religion, everyone is equal in the eyes of Corona.
– The mothet Earth and Skies may be silently thanking the virus for giving them some respite.
– Instead of luxury, people are thinking of basic needs
– More communication with the immediate neighborhood
– Two choices
Crib the restrictions
Use the time for Self
” The Sun rise and set
The Air and winds
The Rivers and Oceans
The animals and Birds
Humans are the race
Helpless and caged
What an Irony ”
Copyright (c) 2020 Namrata D Prabhakar
Since the outbreak at China started enhulfing other parts of the world (hardly any place untouched now), I keep going back in time and appreciate the logic of our Ancestors for doing things a certain way.
People , in so called modern society, who ridiculed the old ways and now seeking the older wisdom.
A few thoughts to make my point :
– Trafitional Namstay, considered old fashioned by todays modern society, is now safest way to greet 🙏🏻
– May be 2 generations ago and still in the remote/rural India, people observe the practice of leaving their footwears outside near the main gates. And washing their hands, feet and face thoroughly before entering the house. The logic was to wash off the dirt and grit of the day .
– Would drink water without touching the glass or container
– Would not hold baby or small children immediately after coming from outside, avoiding passing on any germs to them
– Would eat in a thali (plate) served individually to avoid contamination of food for other, as food was eaten using hands
– Hands were washed thoroughly after finishing food. Today napkins have taken our live
– Performing havans and poojas were a norm. The purpose was to purify the atmosphere in and around the house. The pure ghee, camphor and other ingredients used are believed to be natural purifiers.
The list is extensive……
In this testing time if we are mindful and aware of our routine and habits it may go a long way to keep us and others safe.
We can not go back but always adapt some good old practices to sustain in a better way
Continue reading “Going back to basics Part I”
To be continued…..